Skilled Legal Help When You Suffer a Work Injury in Oakland
Attorneys who help you obtain the benefits to which you are entitled
Workers’ Compensation provides wage replacement and other benefits if you are injured or become ill on the job. Since 1993, the Law Offices of John E. Hill, P.C., has guided workers in our community through the Workers’ Compensation claims process, helping our clients obtain the compensation and other benefits they deserve. When you are injured, we can take care of the paperwork and other legal obstacles so you can focus on your recovery.
What are your rights to Workers’ Compensation in California?
Workers’ Compensation in California is designed to help injured workers get quick access to medical care.
If you suffer a work-related injury in California, you may be eligible for the following benefits:
- Coverage for medical treatments
- Temporary or permanent disability payments
- Supplemental job displacement assistance to retrain for a different job
If a work injury is fatal, surviving dependents may be eligible for death benefits.
While Workers’ Compensation seems straightforward, many injured employees have difficulty obtaining its full benefits. They may have their claims denied entirely, especially if they pursue compensation without professional support.
Understanding California Workers’ Comp benefits
Our attorneys at the Law Offices of John E. Hill, P.C. work daily with injured employees who have not received their benefits. If you were injured, our lawyers can help you navigate each phase of the Workers’ Compensation process. At the outset of your injury and claims process, it is important to keep the following facts in mind:
- Complete a work injury claim form (DWC-1) and immediately provide it to your employer. Always keep a copy of the form.
- Obtaining the medical care you need may not be easy. In California, a process called a utilization review (UR) is used to second guess and deny by your doctor.
- Temporary and permanent disability benefits and disputes over the extent of your injuries are often determined by doctors called Qualified Medical Examiners (QME’s). The importance of obtaining the assistance of a Workers Compensation lawyer before you begin this process cannot be overstated.
Understanding the California Workers’ Compensation system is critical to obtaining the full benefits for which you are eligible. The Law Offices of John E. Hill, P.C., has helped injured Bay Area workers rest easier for many years.
Let a skilled attorney help you get the benefits you deserve today
The insurance company has a lawyer; you, the injured worker, deserve a “level playing field.” If you have questions or your workers’ compensation claim is denied, call the Law Offices of John E. Hill at (510) 588-1000 or use our online contact form. We offer flexible hours, and many of our staff members are fluent in Spanish. Contact our law firm today for a free consultation.