Oakland Employment Litigation Attorneys Oppose Unlawful Treatment
Dedicated lawyers assert your rights in the workplace
In the workplace, you may feel as if you have no right to speak out when you are subjected to discriminatory practices or other unlawful treatment. The Law Offices of John E. Hill, P.C. offers solutions to halt unlawful employment practices and obtain full, fair compensation for our clients. Since 1993, our attorneys have helped workers in the San Francisco Bay Area fight abuse and get the results they deserve. If you’ve been sexually harassed, denied equal pay, denied overtime, or subjected to any other type of unlawful employment conduct, our legal team is determined to help you obtain justice.
Protecting your right to be free from unequal treatment in the workplace
Our attorneys are committed to helping you understand your civil and employment rights and to helping you enforce them. We have significant experience handing the following employment issues:
- Sexual harassment — The law does not prohibit all harassment in the workplace, but it does protect you from harassment based on discrimination. This includes sexual harassment, whether quid pro quo or a pervasive hostile work environment.
- Wage and hour violations — State and federal laws protect your right to a minimum wage, and to overtime at time-and-a-half or double time. If your employer is using unscrupulous means to pay you less than you’re entitled to, wage and hour law is on your side.
- Equal pay — State and federal laws prohibit employers from paying equally qualified women less than men for doing the same job. If you are laboring for less pay based on your gender, our employment attorneys are prepared to fight for equal pay.
Cases alleging illegal employment practices are often complicated. They can involve multiple parties, individual perceptions, evidence that must be interpreted, and conflicting accounts of behavior. In the law, there is often a fine distinction between illegal behavior by an employer and the perception of an employee of unfair treatment by the employer. However, an experienced employment lawyer can build a compelling case and help you obtain justice.
Pursuing appropriate remedies for unlawful mistreatment
Our attorneys carefully assess your case, offer straightforward guidance, and provide steadfast legal and emotional support when an employer infringes upon your rights. Remedies for unfair employment practices vary, but can include:
- Monetary damages — You can get compensation for your economic losses as well as your emotional distress.
- Injunctive relief — You can obtain a court order for your employer to discontinue the unlawful practice.
- Punitive damages — In cases where conduct is particularly egregious, the court can order your employer to make additional payments to you as punishment for the wrongdoing and to discourage other employers from acting the same way.
When you entrust your case to us, we aggressively pursue all appropriate remedies so you can obtain complete justice.
Speak to our employment litigation attorneys today to protect your rights
Denying employees promotion opportunities, jobs for which they are qualified, and basic rights in the workplace is illegal. To learn more about taking legal action to halt unfair or discriminatory practices, schedule a free consultation at the Law Offices of John E. Hill, P.C. Located in Oakland, we represent clients throughout Northern California on a wide range of employment law issues. Call [ln::phone] today or contact our firm online. Hablamos español.